The Account Manager is responsible for retaining customers, growing revenue and strengthening the overall relationship with existing customers. The Account Manager develops strong relations with customers, connects with key business decision makers and stakeholders and conducts business reviews to ensure business objectives are being met while ensuring overall customer satisfaction. This position will be the main point of contact for client queries and will liaise with cross-functional internal teams, including Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and Product Management to identify new opportunities and improve the customer experience.
Location: Remote Position / Anywhere US
Preferred Location: St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN
What You’ll Do
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Build relationships and communicate effectively, serving as the customer's advocate to ensure their needs are met while focusing on improving the customer journey
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Perform business reviews with clients to ensure business objectives are met and understand changing business needs
- Assist with client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Negotiate renewal and upsell contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Introduce and sell new products and services that would benefit the customer’s business objectives.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Clearly communicate the progress of seasonal initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Enter and manage key customer account metrics to proactively prioritize and identify opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to identify and grow opportunities within customer base
What You’ll Need
The competencies and qualifications we are looking for include the following.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in customer success, account management or sales within the software industry
- Ag Literacy preferred
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback
- Leadership skills to delegate tasks and provide guidance to help employees deliver exceptional work to clients
- Communication skills to regularly meet with clients to learn their goals and needs and professionally relay this information to other employees
- Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities to find creative solutions to complex issues clients may be facing
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other Customer Success tools.
- Familiar with office tools similar to Google Suite and Microsoft Suite
- Willing to travel (Est. 30%) based on customer and business needs
- SaaS account management experience is a plus
Key Core Competencies
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; deeply understand the goals, drivers, and needs of customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships and level of contact with internal and external customers and gains their trust and respect. Balances customer needs and organizational action when it comes to decision making.
- Communication - Ensuring that key and critical information is shared in a timely fashion. Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding. The ability to deliver information in person, in writing, and in a digital world.
- Ambition and Drive - Goals are understood to be necessary. This individual has inner drive, energy and the expectation to succeed.
- Value-based Selling - the ability to sell based on a shared understanding of the value of the product or service
- Strategic Perspective - know how work relates to the organization’s business strategy. Balance the short-term and long-term needs of the organization. Demonstrate forward thinking about tomorrow’s issues
- Problem Solving - The ability to sort and clarify a business dilemma through prodding provides you with a strong sense of how to handle a client's problems by selling to solve their 'pain.'