Conservis Sales Engineers are essential partners to our salespeople, acting as a trusted advisor to family and corporate farms. The Sales Engineering team collaborates closely with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product, and is critical at providing the product capabilities of Conservis to meet the business value of our grower customers and prospects.
As a Sales Engineer, you will support a team of Regional Sales Managers and Account Managers in delivering technical and product support in driving new business. The SE owns the technical relationship during a sales cycle, which includes delivering value-focused product demonstrations, and properly educating prospects on the Conservis implementation and product features.
Location: Remote | Anywhere US
Preferred Location: St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN
What You'll Do
The essential responsibilities for this position include:
- Build Conservis solution strategy based on grower business needs
- Create, manage, and enhance various types of demos based on crop type, business need, region etc.
- Deliver value-focused product demonstrations to meet the needs of the prospect or client
- Continually update the demo system with new capabilities and data.
- Support the creation of the Conservis proposal outlining the solution that meet the client needs.
- Up to 40% travel may be required
What You’ll Need
The competencies and qualifications we are looking for include the following.
- 5+ years of experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering or related role
- Understanding of sales methodologies such as Sandler Solution Selling model.
- Experience in solutioning / demoing in Farm management systems, accounting/ERP, JD Operations Center, Climate, Granular, AgWorld or other equivalent Agtech or software solutions.
- Can navigate a customer interaction that is both technical and business focused up to and including the C-level
- Can give a product demonstration that highlights customer value and outcomes while including essential feature capabilities and differentiators.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Value-based Selling - Understanding of sales methodologies such as Sandler Solution Selling model.
- Demonstration of Expertise - Ability to align a demonstration to meet the key needs of the client. Ability to guide clients through the demonstration in a focused, professional manner.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers by developing solutions and demonstrations to meet business needs.
- Communication - Ensuring that key and critical information is shared in a timely fashion. Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding. The ability to deliver information in person, in writing, and in a digital world.
- Ambition and Drive - Goals are understood to be necessary. This individual has inner drive, energy and the expectation to succeed.